Established in 1895, the Niagara Historical Society is dedicated to understanding the history of Niagara-on-the-Lake. The most important aspect of the work of the Society is the maintenance of the Museum collection which began in 1896 and is one of Ontario's most important collections. Plan a visit to the Niagara Historical Society Museum to discover the unique stories of historic Niagara-on-the-Lake. Located 20km north of Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake provided a new home for refugees, was the capital of Upper Canada, was in the middle of a war zone and visited by millions as a place of recreation for over 100 years; these stories play a major role in the development of Canada.
An exhibition celebrating 120 years of the Niagara Historical Society collection!
As visitors enter the Museum they will explore 9,000 years of history in first gallery of the Museum.
Enjoy a new audio/visual component to our permannet exhibition!
Generously funded by David Murray & Elizabeth Surtees, this project features 9 short videos about various aspects of Niagara-on-the-Lake's History
Visitors can check out a handheld tablet at the front desk and scan QR codes throughout the galleries to reveal the videos.
Produced by Barbara Worthy and 12th Street Productions with app development by Creative Bytes Studios.
Spectators can enjoy a live polo match here in Niagara, half time entertainment and divot stomp, food & drink vendors, artisan vendors and more
Time: 12 noon - 5:00 pm
Gates open at 11:00 am .
General admission is $15
Children 12 and under - Free
Wear your best hat and join us in Niagara-on-the-Lake for Niagara Polo 2016!
CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP AND
- Team Sponsor
- Reserved Tables of 8
- Lord Mayor's Table
- Major Sponsor
- Wineries Village
- Vendors Village Application
- For inquiries, please contact the museum at 905-468-3912 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you to our Sponsors:
- Champagne Divot Stomp Sponsor:
- Peller Estate Winery
- For More events please check out our Events Page!
**** MUSEUM CLOSED ****
Our museum will be closed on Saturday, July 23rd for a Music Niagara Concert. Purchase tickets here.
LANDSCAPE OF NATIONS PROJECT
A new War of 1812 Bicentennial legacy project is being planned for Queenston Heights. It will be a lasting memorial to the natives that fought to help preserve Upper Canada 200 years ago. More details please visit www.landscapeofnations.com
In the news
- Tea party on verge of war
- 3D technology to create Secord bust replicas
- Bicentennial Videos
- NEW! Niagara-on-the-Lake's Bicentennial of the War of 1812 Magazine
- Feds Launch War of 1812 Anniversary Plans!
- Forget the ice cream and chocolates; Laura Secord - our first spy!
- War of 1812 Lecture Series at the Niagara on the Lake Historical Museum
- New Director for Museum
- War of 1812 projects get a funding boost